High Temperature Insulation Blankets
We offer an exceptionally wide range of high temperature insulating fibre blanket products for effective thermal management in specialised applications. Our thermal fibre blankets are used to protect equipment, conserve energy and improve process performance in some of the most demanding high temperature industrial environments in the world.
Our range comprises three fibre grades:
- Alkaline Earth Silicate Fibre (AES) blankets made from, low bio-persistence Superwool® fibres
- Refractory Ceramic Fibre (RCF) also known as Alumino Silicate Wool (ASW) blankets made from Kaowool®, Cerablanket®, Cerachem® and Cerachrome®
- Polycrystalline Fibre (PCW) blankets made from Denka® fibres
Our Superwool blanket products offer exceptional performance-to-weight ratio and are resistant to chemical attack. Superwool is the only low bio persistence fibre available in the market with a classification temperature of 1300°C (2372°F).
Superwool is an engineered solution that is ideally suited as an alternative solution to RCF based fibres in some applications. Benefits of Superwool fibres include:
- Lower thermal conductivity over some RCF fibre materials resulting in an improved insulation performance by up to 20%
- Our Superwool Plus fibres feature less shot resulting in a tighter fiber matrix
- Lower density grade of Superwool in place of an RCF material features a material weight savings up to 25%
Superwool fibres are exonerated and are not classified as carcinogenic by IARC or under any national regulations on a global basis. They have no requirements for warning labels under GHS (Globally Harmonised System for the classification and labelling of chemicals). In Europe, Superwool fibres meet the requirements specified under NOTA Q of European Directive 67/548. All Superwool fibre products are therefore exempt from the classification and labelling regulation in Europe.
All our RCF blankets are air laid into a continuous mat and mechanically needled for added strength and surface integrity. They are lightweight and strong for easier installation, have low thermal conductivity and heat storage capacity for effective energy savings, and good thermal shock resistance for use in difficult environments.
Kaowool blankets feature controlled density, high tensile strength, and resiliency and are classified to 1260°C (2300°F). Cerablanket is classified up to 1315°C (2400°F) and is a spun blanket manufactured from a high purity blend of alumina-silica. Cerachem and Cerachrome offer excellent chemical stability and strength and have superior acoustic as well as thermal insulation characteristics. They are classified to 1426°C (2600°F).
Our PCW fibres are ideal for high temperature and chemically aggressive applications. These fibres are manufactured by sol-gel technology using processes specifically designed to produce fibres of defined dimensions.
Denka blankets are more resistant to acid and alkaline solutions than conventional alumino-silicate fibre blankets and have exceptionally good thermal insulation characteristics. They are classified to 1600°C (2912°F).
Our high temperature insulating fibre blankets provide thermal insulation in processing of metals, petrochemicals, cement, ceramics and glass, and are used by manufacturers of equipment for aerospace, automotive, marine and domestic applications. Typical applications include:
- Chimney and duct insulation in power generation plants
- Pipe insulation in high temperature processing plants
- Linings and back-up insulation for all types of furnaces, heaters and kilns
- Insulation of steam turbines and hot boxes
- Exhaust and heat shield cladding
- Vehicles and domestic appliance insulation
See our product datasheets for more information or contact us to discuss the requirements for your application.